- Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College adheres certain standards of behavior like Courtesy, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Safety.
- A Disciplinary Committee is formed to enforce these standards of behavior to facilitate an environment that is conducive to learning and academic achievement.
- There are two major areas of jurisdiction areAcademic and Non – Academic.
- The Chairperson and other members of the committee handle cases of both the Academic and Non-Academic Misconduct. The Chairperson in the College will convene the committee, which is comprised of several faculty members.
- Students who engage in academic misconduct or violate the standards of the College community in other ways may be brought before the College’s disciplinary committee.
- If students are found guilty of misconduct, the disciplinary committee has the right to impose sanctions ranging from probation to suspension or expulsion.
- The College Disciplinary Committee takes keen interest to maintain discipline and order in and outside college campus during the college working hours.
- It also wants to uphold the academic integrity and good name of the college both in and outside the campus.
- The committee will assist the college authorities in its efforts to completely eradicateragging, use of alcohol, use of drugs, and physical violence against teachers, fellow students and fellow residents, etc.
- Indulging in suchanti-social activities will attract strictest disciplinary action including dismissal.
- The committee will take initiative in organizing talks and plays to spread the messages of good citizenship to the students’ community.
The ultimate goal of the student disciplinary system is to ensure a fair and orderly proceeding on questions of possible student misconduct.
- Every member of the College – student, faculty, other academic appointees, and staff – makes a commitment to strive for personal and academic integrity.
- To treat others with dignity and respect.
- To honor the rights and property of others.
- To take responsibility for individual and group behavior.
- To act as a responsible citizen in a free academic community and in the larger society.
Any students conduct, on or off campus, of individuals or groups that threatens or violates this commitment may be subjected to the action of the Disciplinary Committee.
- The Disciplinary Committee has the authority to admit and dismiss (suspend) students and the responsibility for all matters involving student discipline.
- The Faculty has delegated to the ChairPerson and to the college Rules and Discipline Committee, the authority to dismiss a student, i.e., to impose temporary or permanent suspension.
- To hear charges brought against any Participant.
- To ensure that current standards and practices in the college system are respected and to exercise disciplinary power over members for infringement of the rules and practices governing the college activity;
- The disciplinary committee shall have regulations on its disciplinary powers and disciplinary procedures, which shall be subject to approval by the general assembly.
Rules and Regulations governed by disciplinary committee
Dress code rules
The student must comply with all dress standards and policies of the college. Students are required to wear proper attire and practice good business etiquette.
Days to wear Corporate dress (Blazer)
On those days of week as stipulated by Department/ Institutions of college and on occasions like training, seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Placement interviews, College day events, Fest Events, Laboratory classes & Examinations.
Prohibited dress and discipline code
- Funky Jeans, Low waist Jeans, Low waist formal pants, T-Shirts, Printed T-Shirts, Half pants, Coloured and printed funky shirts, Cargo pants, six pockets, wearing Chapples. Long Beard, Long and Uncut hair, wearing of Ear rings.
- Mini Skirts, T-Shirts with low Neck cut, Printed Funky shirts, short tops, Jeans, shorts, Sleeveless shirt/Tops, cargo pants, Six pockets, sleeveless Blouses, High heeled Shoes, Midis, Skin tight pants and the like, wearing chapels, etc.
- Wearing and display of ID Cards
- Students have to wear the ID cards issued by the college throughout their stay in the campus. Entry to the campus will be allowed only on production of ID to the security agency at the Main gate.
Harassment and ragging
Harassment (Physical, verbal, graphic, written or electronic) or intimidation that is sufficiently severe, pervasive or persistent so as to threaten an individual or limit the ability of the student to work, study or participate in any activity is subject to suitable legal action. Ragging in any form is strictly banned. Persons indulging in this will be punished and imprisoned as per the rules of Supreme Court of India.
- The use of illegal drugs and alcohol is not permitted in the campus as well as abuse or misuse of prescription drugs. Gambling contests or unauthorized games in the campus premises and at any functions are strictly prohibited.
Use of cell phones
As a matter of strict policy, the college has banned use of mobile phones inside campus except in hostels. Our faculty and security have been authorized to confiscate mobiles from students who are violating the rules. These mobiles will not be returned to the students. Students are strictly not permitted to carry IPods, MP3 Players, cameras or any other gadgets.
- Theft or unauthorized possession of campus property or property of other students, faculty member or a visitor on campus premises is subject to prosecution, as per Indian Laws.
- In non-academic college matters, dishonesty or knowingly furnishing false information is not acceptable. Fraud, forgery, alteration or unauthorized use of documents, college records or instruments of identification with intent to defraud or deceive is subject to legal action.
- Tampering with campus telephones, access codes or falsely using telephones is unacceptable. This includes accessing the answering machines or voice mail of another student faculty member on campus.
- Unauthorized soliciting and use of college branding
- Unauthorized soliciting or canvassing by any individual, group or organization in college premises is strictly prohibited.
- Various disciplinary actions taken by the committee according to the nature and degree of violation of rules by the students after deliberations of the committee can be as under:-
- Withdrawal from College rolls.
- Cancellation of hostel allotment
- Formal warning with information to parents / guardian.
The college Disciplinary Committee keeps effective watch over maintenance of discipline and enforces the code of conduct in routine daily matters. A team nominated by the Chairperson, will compromise the committee. The committee will meet on quarterly / required basis. Any student charged with misconduct is urged to consult with the committee Chairperson of the College Rules and Discipline Committee to be informed of the procedures that will be followed and to receive assistance in preparing a defense.
Any records of hearings or of disciplinary action taken against the student will be retained by the College under confidential in a cover with Student Mentoring Department and also in the SDP Register which will not be provided to any third parties except where the College is required to comply with statutory and other legal provisions. Disciplinary decisions (as opposed to records of hearings) will be communicated to relevant department staff. Where the disciplinary decision has led to the imposition of a disciplinary measure, in the case of the removal of access to specific College facilities, an oral warning, a written warning or a final written warning then the reason for that measure will also be shared. Where the disciplinary measure is dismissal from the College then the reason for this will not be shared.
|S.NO||NAME OF THE MEMBER||DESIGNATION|
|3||Dr.D.Yuvaraj||Prof & Head/BT|
|4||Dr.S.Govindasami||Prof & Head/CIVIL|