Name:: Yuvaraj D.
Contact Addres:: Department of Biotechnology, Vel Tech Hightech
Dr.Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engg. College,Avadi
Degree :: Ph.D
|Degree||University||Field of Specialisation|
|M.Sc.,||Annamalai University||Marine Biology & Oceanography|
|Ph.D.,||Annamalai University||Marine Biotechnology|
Years of Teaching Experience: 3 Years 0 Months
Research Experience: 7Years
- Presented a paper entitled “ Aquaculture in the third millennium” in National symposium on physiology and biochemistry of cultivable crustaceans (NSPBC), University of Madras, Chennai on 18 – 19th February 2002.
- Participated in a cruise programme on board A.A. Sidorenko, 44th cruise from 14th to 24th April 2002, from Tuticorin to Chennai, conducted by Nation Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) Chennai, Department of Ocean Development, Government of India.
- Edible Herbs for the Protection against Radioactive Pollution. National Conference on “Mutli Challenges in Water and Wastewater Treatment Technologies” held on 24, Jan, 2014 organized by Dept. of Civil Engineering, Vel Tech High tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Avadi, Chennai.
Attended the workshop-cum-discussion on the National biodiversity strategy and action plan for east coast eco- region of India conducted in our institute on 24th February 2001.
- Faculty Development Program on “Application of nanotechnology in Diagnostics and therapeutic procedures (ANDTP) 2013”, 15-29 th November, 2013, organized by Department of Biotechnology, Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Avadi, Chennai – 62. Tamil Nadu, India.
- Faculty Development Programme in Changing scenario in Energy and environment-CSEE at NIT Calicut-05/12/13 to 09/12/13
- Faculty Development Programme on advanced training in Marine microbiology and its industrial applications (ATMBIA) 04-19th May, 2015, organized by Department of Biotechnology, Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Avadi, Chennai – 62. Tamil Nadu, India.
- Advanced hands on training programme on Next Generation Sequencing – organized by Vclin Bio Labs Pvt Ltd at Sri Ramachandra University, April 21 – 22, 2016.
- Presented a paper entitled “Diversity of shrimps along Parangipettai, Southeast coast of Tamilnadu coast “in National seminar on biodiversity conservation: challenges for 21st century, Jiwaji University, Gwalior on 26 – 28th November 2001.
Research Paper Published::
- Yuvaraj*, S.Dhanya, S.Rajagopal and T.Balasubramaniam, 2007. Use of Secondary cultivable species for effective treatment of shrimp culture pond discharges. In: Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards on Fish and Fisheries, Edited by: Umesh C. Goswami, Pages 407 – 417.
- Saravanakumar*, S.Rajagopal, P.Vijayanand and D.Yuvaraj, 2004. Length-weight relationships of the Flying Fish Exocoetus volitans from Cuddalore coastal waters, TamilNadu, India. Journal of Aquatic Biology: pages 45 – 47.
- Saravanakumar*, S.Rajagopal, P.Vijayanand and D.Yuvaraj, 2004. Conservation and sustainable utilization of the Flying fish resources along the Coromandel coast of India. Journal of Aquatic Biology: pages 175 – 178.
- Bharathiraja , M.Chakravarthy , R.RanjithKumar , D.Yuvaraj , J.Jayamuthunagai , R. PraveenKumar , S.Palani. 2014. Biodiesel production using chemical and biological methods – A review ofprocess,catalyst,acylacceptor,source and process variables.2014. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 38(2014)368–382.
- Gokulnath M., Yuvaraj D.*, Gayathri P.K.,Chandran M., Vivek P., Kesavan D.2014. Phytochemical Screening And Anti-Bacterial Studies In Salt Marsh Plant Extracts (Spinifex littoreus (BURM.F) MERR. and Heliotropium curassavicum L.) International Journal of ChemTech Research. CODEN (USA): IJCRGG ISSN : 0974-4290, Vol.6, No.9, pp 4307-4311.
- Arun D , Gayathri P. K. *, Chandran M and Yuvaraj D.2014. Studies on Effect of Seaweed Extracts on Crop Plants and Microbes. International Journal of ChemTech Research. CODEN (USA): IJCRGG ISSN : 0974-4290, Vol.6, No.9, pp 4235-4240.
- Priya Tharishini P, Saraswathy N.C, Smila K.H*,Yuvaraj D, Chandran M, Vivek P. 2014. Green Synthesis of Gold Nano Particles from Cassia auriculata Leaf Aqueous Extract and Its Cytotoxicity Effect on in Vitro Cell Line. International Journal of ChemTech Research. CODEN (USA): IJCRGG ISSN : 0974-4290 Vol.6, No.9, pp 4241-4250.
- Sathishpandiyan S,Bharathiraja B, Prathap S, Yuvaraj D, Vivek P, Smila K H*, Chandran M. 2014.Ethnobotanical Study of Medicinal Plants Used by Local People in Ariyalur District, Tamilnadu, India. International Journal of ChemTech Research. CODEN (USA): IJCRGG ISSN : 0974-4290 Vol.6, No.9, pp 4276-4284, September 2014
- Bharathiraja, R. Ranjith Kumar, M. Chakravarthy, D. Yogendran, J.Jayamuthunagai, R. Praveen Kumar, , D. Yuvaraj and S. Palani. 2015. Analysis of reaction parameters for the transesterification of algal oil from Enteromorpha compressa using purified lipase and whole cell biocatalyst. J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2015, 7(1):395-410
- Yuvaraj D.*, Suvasini B., Chellathai T., Fouziya R., Ivo Romauld S. 2015. Anti-bacterial studies on the different body parts of Loligo duvauceli. J. Chem. Pharm. Res, 2015, 7(6):406-408.
- Yuvaraj and R. Karthik. 2015. Efficacy of Probiotics on Litopenaeus vannamei Culture through Zero Water Exchange System. Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science, 2015.
- Yuvaraj, R. Karthik and R. Muthezhilan. 2015. Crop Rotation as a Better Sanitary Practice for the SustainableManagement of Litopenaeus vannamei Culture. Asian Journal of Crop Science 7 (3): 219-232, 2015.
- Karthik, Angelin C. Pushpam, 1K. Ramalingam, D. Yuvaraj and M.C. Vanitha.2015. Attenuation of negative impacts by micro algae and enrichedartemia salina on Penaeus monodon and Litopenaeus vannamei larval culture. Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science 10 (5): 347-356.
- Analysis of reaction parameters for the transesterification of algal oil from Enteromorpha compressa using purified lipase and whole cell biocatalyst. 2015. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 7(1):395-410
- Sathish P, Jaswanth G, Gurudhathan K.B, Gopinath J, Gayathri P.K, Yuvaraj D* . 2016. Phytochemical investigation and antibacterial activity of salt marsh plant extracts. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 9 (1): 292-294.
- Chandran Masi*, Subhasini.D.C, Kanchana Devi.V and Yuvaraj. D Media optimization of oyster mushroom cultivation and to increase its nutritive value. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 9 (1): 327-330.
Research Projects Completed::
- Completed a TNSCST students project on “ organic mosquito repellent” during the year 2014.
Research Position Held::
- Worked as a Junior Research Fellow in an ICAR project entitled “Water quality and coastal pollution, waste water treatment and management leading to secondary aquaculture practices” for one year 2002 – 2003.
- Worked as a Junior Research Fellow in an ICAR project entitled “Crop alteration as a means of curtailing shrimp diseases in coastal Karnataka and Tamilnadu” for two years 2000 – 2002.
Memberships in Professional Bodies::
- Life Member of BRSI
- Life Member of IAENG