VISION & MISSION
To be a Center of perfection in the field of Biotechnology prepared to make graduates who attempt for the welfare of humanity.
- To confer quality instruction for long lasting proficient development and opportunity in an extensive variety of careers.
- To multiply profound established learning
- To make mindfulness towards socio-moral ramifications of possibilities of biotechnology
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
Our biotechnology graduates will
- Graduates will have a thorough knowledge on the fundamentals of applied biological sciences and build their career in this field.
- Graduates will be able to implement their acquired knowledge in fields such as advanced biochemical engineering and associated downstream processing techniques.
- Graduates will be able to understand the recent developments in the field of biotechnology with advanced focus on research and development and pursue their research goals.
- Graduates will be able to ethically solve problems related to their field of expertise using their communication and management skills
Graduates of the program will
- Have strong background in the field of biotechnology and applied sciences.
- Have thorough knowledge in biochemical process and technology.
- Use modern biotechnological tools in industry and/or institutes where ever necessary with leadership qualities and ethics.
- Develop necessary attributes for pursuing research activities.
By the end of the course Biotechnology students:
- Are enriched with the fundamentals in mathematics and sciences
- Will have a thorough knowledge in basic engineering and computing
- Will be in a position to isolate, identify and confirm a micro organism, estimate the amount of macro molecular content.
- Have the capability to isolate DNA and manipulate its contents for better quality and efficacy of the end product.
- Will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of Biochemical engineering
- Will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools and software’s like BLAST, FASTA, CFX, FLUENT
- Will have the ability to synthesize nanoparticles and utilize them in drug delivery.
- Will have the capability of preceding the technologies aspects with leadership qualities
- Will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format
- Will be able to relate engineering issues to broader social contextWill develop confidence for self evaluation and ability for lifelong learning
- Will show understanding of impacts of engineering solution on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.