Name :: Dr. B.BHARATHI RAJA
Designation :: Associoate Professor
Contact Address ::Dept. of Chemical Engineering, VelTech Hightech
Dr.Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engg. College,Avadi
|Degree||University||Field of Specialisation|
|B.E(Chem)||Annamalai University||Chemical Engineering|
|M.Tech||Annamalai University||Industrial Biotechnology|
|Ph.D||Anna University,Chennai||Biochemical Engineering|
Years of Experience :: 12 Years 1 Month
Conference Attended :: (National/International)
- Comparative Analysis for the Production of FAAE Using WCB (Rhizopus Oryzae) and PE from Waste Cooking Oil. Khulna, Bangladesh
- Production of bioethanol from sawdust hydrolysate using mutant strain sacchromycescerevesea. RAFT IX, Marriott Marco Island, FLORIDA,USA.
- Kinetic Analysis for the Production of FAAE Using WCB (Rhizopus Oryzae) and PE from Waste Cooking Oil, ABBS 2012, CHONGQUING, CHINA(Receiving DST grant)
- Prepration and characterization of biodiesel from WCO coming from college and hotels from Chennai city using lipase as a catalyst,ICABB 2013.Dr,D.Y.Patil Vidyapeeth, pune,25-27th Nov 2013.
- Production of fatty acid alkyl esters from waste cooking oil using various microbes as whole cell biocatalyst, CBSE2014, Annamalai University, Chidambaram,2&3 April 2014.
- Comparative analysis of reaction parameters for the transesterification of Macro algal oil from Enteromorpha compressa using purified lipase and Rhizopus oryzae whole cell biocatalyst, ICETB 2014,Jawharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.6-9 Nov 2014.
- Participated in “Chemvision 2004” on Feb 23rd & 24th, an National level interactive conference on “Biopharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Herbal and Agrochemicals”, at Chennai.
- Participated national conference on “Recent advances and challenges on Biotechnology progress” held in NIT Trichy on 15 &16 December 2006.
- Participated International conference on “ANSWAI-09” held at Anna University Coimbatore on 12-14 August 2009.
- Participated in a International conference on “Bioenergy, Environment & Sustainable Technologies”, held at Arunai Engineering College from Jan 27-30,2013.
- Participated in a National level Technical Symposium “SYMBIO-2K5” held at Annamalai University.
- Participated in the raise .rural congress held on 12th January 2011,at Arunai Engineering College.
- Participated in a national conference on “Biotechnology For Human Development” organized by School of Bio Sciences and Technology, VIT University & Rajiv Gandhi Centre For Biotechnology, Thiruvanathapuram.
- Participated in the national level symposium organized by Department Of Microbiology on 12th March 2010 at Kamban College Of Arts And Science For Women.
- Participated in National Conference on “Biotechnological Intervension for Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Bioresources” sponsored by DST & CSIR held at Sathyabama University from 7th-9th August 2008.
- Participated in Students National Conference on “Biochemical Rendezvous” held on 16th august 2011, Vel Tech High Tech Engineering College.
- Participated in National Conference on “Recent Trends in Bio-Chemical Engineering” held on 16th august 2012, Vel Tech High Engineering College.
- Participated in National Conference on “Traditional Medicine: The Untapped Treasure in Modern Drug Discovery” held on 30th and 31st January 2013, Vel Tech High Tech Engineering College.
Workshop Attended ::
- Participated work shop on “Techniques on molecular biology & microbial Biotechnology” held at Kamban college of arts and science Conducted by Genei Bangalore from 5-6 November 2008.
- Participated in a National Workshop on “Application of Vermicomposting practices for Sustainable Agricultural Development” sponsored by DBT, Govt.Of India from Feb 21-23, 2013.
- Participated in “National workshop on alternate fuels – challenges Ahead” held in St. Peter’s Engineering college Chennai.
- Participated in a special camping programme on “YOUTH FOR RECHARGING OF WATER RESOURCES” held at Sithalapadi, Cuddalore district, from march 11-20, 2005.
- Participated in four days workshop on sequence analysis and Molecular Simulation organized by the Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, held on march 10 – 13 ,2011, sponsored by DBT.
- Participated in two days workshop on “Emerging Trends in Green Chemistry” during 5th & 6th February, 2010 held at Adhiyaman College of Engineering.
- Participated in a workshop on “Techniques on Molecular Biology & Microbial Bio-technology” conducted by the Department of Microbiology, in collaboration with Genei, Bangalore from November 5-6, 2008.
- Participated in one day work shop on Education Technology conducted by ISTE Faculty Chapter, Arunai Engineering College, 3rd October 2011.
- Participated in Special Camping programme on “Tribal Youth for Healthy Society” held at Kolli hills from February 18 to 27 2000.
- Participated in Indo-Korea workshop on Bioenergy, NIIST Trivandrum held on 9-10 Sep 2013.
FDP Attended ::
- Participated in UGC Refresher course on Industrial Biotechnology, held in Annamalai University from Nov 11th to Dec. 3rd 2004.
- Participated in a three days National Training Programme on “biogas production, Purification and Power Generation” during March 1-3, 2012 at IIT, Delhi.
- Participated in the short term course on “Instructional Design and Delivery” conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research from June 5-9 2006.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme held at INC, Pondicherry on 27th January 2007.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme conducted by “Vista Mind” held on 13th and 14th June 2012 held in Vel Tech High Tech Engineering College.
- Participated in AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programme “Application of Nano Technology” held on 15th and 28th Nov 2013 held in Vel Tech High Tech Engineering College.
Seminar Attended ::
- Participated in International Seminar on Biotechnology: UK and India Perspectives held in Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University- Chennai on 11 and12 Sep 2007.
- Participated in national seminar on Fuel for the Future held in Annamalai University.
- Participated in National Seminar on Protein Engineering (NSPE-2005) held in Annamalai University on 7th and 8th March 2005.
- Participated as a delegate in the interactive seminar on “Formaldehyde raw material sources and derivative products” in Chennai, held on 24th Sep 2004.
- Participated in a national Seminar on “Applications of Nanotechnology in Diagnostic and Therapeutic procedures” sponsored by CSIR, New Delhi, held at Vel Tech High Tech Dr.Rangarajan Dr.Sakunthala Engineering college from Dec 20-21,2012.
- Participated in a national seminar on “Impact of Phytoconstituents in Nanodrug Development” held on 24th October 2011, at Biotechnology centre, Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, sponsored by Defence Research & Development organization (DRDO).
- Participated in a seminar on biotechnology organized jointly by British council and Anna University-Chennai .
- Participated in ISTE sponsored one day seminar on “Systems Biology Of Diseases” held on 19.01.2010 organized by Department of Biotechnology, Arunai Engineering College.
- Participated in the work shop at 23rd National Congress of Parasitology held at Anna University, Chennai, 18th-20th November 2011.
- Participated in National Level Seminar on “Natural Products and Drug Discovery” held at Arunai Engineering College, on December 28 & 29 2011.
- Participated in the one day seminar on “Cell Biology For Drug Discovery & Design” held on 10.1.2009 organized by the Department of Biotechnology, Arunai Engineering College.
- Participated in the two day seminar on “IPR” held on 28&29th Jan 2014 organized by the Department of Biotechnology, Arunai Engineering College.
- SYNTHESIS OF FUCOIDAN AND ESTIMATION OF L-FUCOSE (RARE SUGAR) FROM SARGASSUM SPECIES, Reference Number: E-2/1082/2016-CHE(filed)
Research Paper Published::
- Bharathiraja, Folk Medicines-A guide to folklore medicinal Plants in Nilagiri:SAM Publishers: ISBN 9789380 485416.( Book)
- Selvaraj,R.Praveenkumar,B.Bharathiraja,A Comprehensive HandBook For Bioinformatics Practice:Arunai Publisher: ISBN 9788192642536.( Book)
- Bharathiraja, R. Ranjith Kumar, M. Chakravarthy, D. Yogendran, J.Jayamuthunagai, Algae: Promising Future Feedstock for Biofuels, DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-2641-3_1, Springer India 2015(Book Chapter Springer)
- Bharathiraja, R. Ranjith Kumar, M. Chakravarthy, J.Jayamuthunagai Integrated Biorefinery for Bioenergy and Platform Chemicals, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-802980-0.00022-5, Elsevier 2015(Book Chapter Elsevier)
- Bharathiraja, R. Ranjith Kumar, M. Chakravarthy, D. Yogendran, J.Jayamuthunagai,Bio diesel production from different algal oil using immobilized pure lipase and recombinant P.Pastris with Cal A Cal B genes, Bioresourse Technology,2016(Accepted) (Impact Factor: 4.7)
- Bharathiraja,M.Chakravarthy,R.RanjithKumar,J.Jayamuthunagai,Aquatic biomass(algae) future feed stock for biorefineries; A review on cultivation and proceses, Renewable and Sustainable Energy 47(2015)634–653,2015 (Impact Factor: 7.4)
- Bharathiraja, M.Chakravarthy, R.RanjithKumar J.Jayamuthunagai, Biodieselproduction using chemical and biological methods – A review of process, catalyst,acyl acceptor, source and process variables, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews:38(2014):368–382. (Impact Factor: 7.4)
- Bharathiraja, R. Ranjith Kumar, M. Chakravarthy, D. Yogendran, J.Jayamuthunagai, Analysis of reaction parameters for the transesterification of algal oil from Enteromorpha compressa using purified lipase and whole cell biocatalyst, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2015, 7(1):395-410. (Impact Factor: 0.9)
- Bharathiraja, J.Jayamuthunagai, M.Jayakumar , Comparative Analysis for the production of FAAE Using WCB (Rhizopus Oryzae) and PE from Waste Cooking Oil, Waste management,(32),2012,1539-1547.(Impact Factor: 3.1)
- Bharathiraja,M.Chakravarthy, J.Jayamuthunagai, Transgenicism in Algae: Prospects of fourth generation biomass for viable biofuels production,Bioengineered, (Accepted) (Impact Factor: 1.5)
- Bharathiraja, J.Jayamuthunagai, Integrated dairy plant Effluent treatment and production of biomass and Lipids using micro algae-“chlorella vulgaris, International journal of chemical reactor engineering.1515-1542, 10, 2012. (Impact Factor: 0.75)
- Bharathiraja, J.Jayamuthunagai, M.Jayakumar Kinetics of interesterfication on waste cooking oil (Sunflower Oil) for the production of Fatty Acid Alkyl Esterase Using Whole cell biocatalyst (Rhizopus Oryzae) and Pure lipase enzyme, International Journal of Green Energy (2015) 12, 1012–1017 .(Impact Factor: 2.1)
- Bharathiraja,J.Jayamuthunagai,M.Arulkirubakaran,Biodegradationof Poly (vinylalcohol) using Pseudomonas alcaligene, Asian Journal of Chemistry; Vol.25, No. 15 (2013) 8663-8667(Impact Factor: 0.25)
- Sivarathnakumar Shanmugam, Baskar Gurunathan, Praveen Kumar Ramanujam, Bharathiraja Balasubramaniyan, Bioethanol Production by the Utilization of Moringa oleifera stem with Sono-assisted acid/alkali hydrolysis approach, International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development,(Accepted inderscience publisher) (Impact Factor: 0.5)
- Sivarathnakumar Shanmugam, Baskar Gurunathan, Praveen Kumar Ramanujam, Bharathiraja Balasubramaniyan,Characterization and Utilization of Prosopis juliflora stem for Bioethanol Production, Management of Environmental Quality,(Accepted Emerald publisher) (Impact Factor: 0.5)
- Bharathiraja, M.Chakravarthy, R.RanjithKumar J.Jayamuthunagai, “Optimization of biological transesterification of waste cooking oil in different solvents using Response Surface Methodology, Management of Environmental Quality,(Accepted Emerald publisher) (Impact Factor: 0.5)
- M, Saravana Raj. A, Vinosh Muthukumar. P, Bharathiraja. B, Experimental study on Biochemical and Physiological adaptation of Mercury accumulation and tolerance in Clitoria ternatea L. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 9 Issue 1,298-303.
- Bharathiraja, R. Praveenkumar, A. Saravanaraj, P. Vinosh Muthukumar, Microalgal biorefineries: The choice for clean fuel production, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development 2015; 2(1): 402-405.
- Bharathiraja, M.Jayakumar, M.J.T.Nithyananthi, P.Vinosh Muthukumar, A.Saravanaraj, K.Senthilkumar, Production and kinetics of amylase from starch using mutant strain of Bacillus Sp MTCC 1434, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 9 Issue 1,281-286.
- Bharathiraja, R. Praveenkumar,S. Chozhavendhan,J. Vinoth Arulraj, A.WilliamJohnson, Micropropogation of wild Indian medicinal plant Phyllanthus debilis, International Journal of Modern Science and Technology,Vol. 01, Issue 01: April 2016. Page 29-36.
- Vinoth Arulraj Joseph Xavier, Chozhavendhan Sivasankaran, WillimJohnson Arokiasamy, PraveenKumar Ramanujam, Karthikraja, Bharathiraja Balasubramaniyan, A comparitive study on in vitro susceptibility, synthesis and characterization of green and chemical mediated iron nanoparticles, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 9 Issue 1,226-230.
- K. Senthilkumar, S. Sruthi, Dr. B. Bharathiraja, R. Praveenkumar, A green technology approach for the innovative production of grease, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 9 Issue 1,295-297.
- Rajamani Ramanathan, B.Vinoth kumar, Bharathiraja, P.Shyam, G.Elaiyamurugan, Potential Application of Various Bio Sorbents in Removal of Calcium and Sodium Ions from Aqueous Solutions, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research,Vol. 10 No.53 (2015),250-253.
- Chozhavendhan Sivasankaran, Praveen Kumar Ramanujam, Sivagami Uthirapathy, Gomathi Rajendiran, Bharathiraja Balasubramanian, Jayakumar Mani, A survey on dha production by microbial bioconversion of crude glycerol, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 10, Number 13 (2015),11784-11790.
- Bharathiraja, Jayamuthunagai, M. Arulkirubakaran Optimization of biodiesel production from waste cooking oil using pure lipase and Rhizopus oryzae through response surface methodology. Asian Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and
environmental sciences. Vol 16.No(1):2014: 65-72.
- Muthuvelayudham,B.Bharathiraja,R.Kavimozhi, T.Viruthagiri, Kinetics and modeling of Cellulase Protein using Trichoderma Reesei on Banana Fiber and cotton fiber. Asian Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology and environmental science.Vol.9, No (3) 2007; 653-658.
- K. Udaya prakash, S. Bhuvaneswari, N. Sripriya, B. Bharathiraja, Studies on phytochemistry, antioxidant, antibacterial, larvicidal and Pesticidal activities of aromatic plants from yelagiri hills, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 6, Issue 5, 2014:325-328.
- Bharathiraja, M.Jayakumar, J.Jayamuthunagai, Biosynthesis of Cellulase protein from Cheaper Substrates Using Mixed Culture of Trichoderma Reesei and Penicillium Funiculosum – A Novel Approach, International journal of Applied bioengineering January 2009 Vol I, 11-16.
- Bharathiraja, Sureshwar, M.Jayakumar, J.Jayamuthunagai, Bioremediation of Azodyes using eucalyptus plant, International journal of chemical sciences, 8(1), 2010, 687-700.
- Bharathiraja, M.Jayakumar, R.Balachandar, Luminous bacteria using as a biosensor for monitoring of heavy metals in marine water. International journal of chemical sciences, 8(3),2010,1553-1556.
- Bharathiraja, M.Jayakumar, C.Ramaprabu, and J.Jayamuthunagai, production of fusaric acid from cassava using fusarium oxysporum MTCC1755.Advanced Biotechnology, Vol- 9 Issue10 Pg: 26-31.
- Bharathiraja and R.Selvaraj, Climate Change and Its Impact on Agriculture, Environment and the General Living Conditions of the People, MillenniumAdministrator Vol- 1 Pg: 1-6
- Bharathiraja, T.D.Rani, Savitha Rajan, An overview of fusaric productionJournal of Advanced Biotechnology, April 2009 Vol VIII issue 7 Pg: 18 – 22.
- Bharathiraja, S, Ayyapasamy, M.Santhoshkalash, Enhanced production of cellulase protein on mixture of xylose, lactose, cellulose and sugarcane leaf using Trichoderma Reesei 9926a. Journal of Advanced Biotechnology, Jan 2009 Vol VIII (7) 26 – 30.
- Bharathiraja, S.Ayyapsamy, P.Ezhilkumar, An overview of medicinal and Pharmacological efficacy of Reeshi- medicine for the future, Herbal Tech industry October 2008 Vol – 4 Pg: 16-22.
- Bharathiraja, J.Jayamuthunagai, V.Haritharani, M.Ramya, An approach to suggest the possibilities of interspecific hybridization using RAPD analysis of some fruits and vegetables. Journal of Advanced Biotechnology, May 2008 Vol- 6 Pg: 18-22.
- Balasubramaniyan Bharathiraja, Jayaraman Jayamuthunagai Production and kinetics of cellulase enzyme from sawdust hydrolysate using Trichoderma reesei 9926a, Journal of Advanced Biotechnology.March2008,32-35
- VinothKumar, C.Vigneshwaran, K.Vasantharaj, J. Pradheep Isaac, B. Bharathiraja Optimization of Sugarcane Bagasse, Nutrient andTemperature on the Yield of Penicillin V in Solid State Fermentation by Penicillium Chrysogenum.International Journal of Biotechnology and Biochemistry, ISSN 0973-2691 Volume 6 Number 3 (2010) pp. 477–483.
- Bharathiraja, J.Jayamuthunagai, S.Sivarathnakumar, R. Selvaraj, M.Jayakumar M.Chandran. An Overview of Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Activities of Phytoplankton. Trends in Biosciences, Vol.2, No.2, 97-101,Dec.issue 2010.
- Bharathiraja, J.Jayamuthunagai, M.Jayakumar, R.Balachandar, Insilco virtual screening for novel ligands against ATP-phodphoribosyltransferase of mycobacterium paratuberculosis, Journal of Advanced Biotechnology, May 2011 Vol- 10 Pg: 6-12.
- Selvaraj, B.Bharathiraja, R.Praveenkumar, S.Palani, R.Thyagarajan optimization of bacteriocin production by Lactobacillus using response surface Methodology International Journal of future biotechnology, ( 2012), 1(1), 1-20
- Bharathiraja,P.Chandramouli, V.S.Divya Bharathi, A.Sivakami, J.Jayamuthunagai
Standardisation and nutritionalanalysis of soup powder prepared from moringa oleifera,solanum trilobatum, centella asiatica International Journal of Future Biotechnology, ( 2012), 1(1), 1-20
- Bharathiraja, J. Jayamuthunagai, M. Arulkirubakaran and M. Chandran Effect of Liquid Based Microbes in the Enhancement of Nutrients and Metabolic Pathways in Lycopersicon esculentum. Trends in Biosciences, 5 (4): 274-278, 2012.
- Bharathiraja , J.Jayamuthunagai , R.Praveenkumar , J.VinothArulraj , Bioethanol Production from Lignocellulosic Materials – An Overview: The scitech journal Vol.01 (7) 2014:28-36.
- Praveenkumar,B.Bharathiraja,K.S.Pragadeesh,S.Chozhavendhan,A.WilliamJohnson,Utilization of cassava sago waste for bioethanol Production by co-fermentation of starch degradingBacteria and saccharomyces cerevisiae. Asian Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Environmental sciences. Vol 16.No (3):2014:1-6.
- Bharathiraja,R. Ranjithkumar ,M. Chakravarthy,D. Yogendran,S.Palani, Kinetic analysis of fatty acid alkyl esters using whole cell biocatalyst and lipase catalyzed transesterification from waste cooking oil. Asian Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Environmental sciences. Vol 16.No (3):2014:745-752.
- Bharathiraja,R. Ranjithkumar ,M. Chakravarthy,D. Yogendran,S.Palani, Biofuels from sewage sludge- A review. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.9, 2014, 4417-4427.
- Bharathiraja, T.Sudharsanaa, A.Bharghavi, G.SriSowmeya, Gopika Balaram, Insights on Lignocellulosic Pretreatments for Biofuel Production- SEM and Reduction of Lignin Analysis. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.9, 2014, 4344-4444.
- Bharathiraja,R. Ranjithkumar ,M.Chakravarthy,D. Yogendran,S.Palani,Selection of Microbial Strains for Oil Transesterification and Optimization for Higher Conversion of Alkyl Esters.International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.12, 2014, 4440-4946.
- Sivarathnakumar,B.Bharathiraja,J.Jayamuthunagai,R.PraveenKumar,G.Baskar,Simulaneous Saccharification and Fermentation of Bioethanol from Softwood Moringa Oleifera using Thermo-Tolerant Yeast Kluyveromyces Marxianus MTCC 1388. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.12, 2014, 5064-5070.
- Sathishpandiyan S, Prathap S, Vivek P,Bharathiraja B, Yuvaraj D, Smila K H, Ethnobotanical Study of Medicinal Plants Used by Local People in Ariyalur District, Tamilnadu, India. International Journal of ChemTech Research 6, No.9, 2014, 4276-4284.
- Chozhavendhan,R.Praveen kumar, B.Bharathiraja,M.Jayakumar,Comparative Study on Candida Sp. for the Production of Glycerol. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.12, 2014, 5058-5063.
- K. Udaya prakash, S. Bhuvaneswari, N. Sripriya, B. Bharathiraja, Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using Airborne Actinomycetes. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.9, 2014, 4123-4127.
- Praveen Kumar R, Sukanyahdevi E, Chozhavendhan S, Bharathiraja B, Evaluation of Anti-Septic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Elytraria acualis. International Journal of ChemTech Research 6, No.9, 2014, 4166-4171.
- Praveen kumar, S.Chozhavendhan, J.Vinoth Arulraj, B.Bharathiraja, Phytochemical analysis of Indian folklore medicinal plants Cassia fistula and Luffaa cutangula. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.12, 2014, 5071-5080.
- Praveenkumar, K.Suresh, S. Chozhavendhan, B.Bharathiraja, Comparative Analysis of Saccharification of Cassava Sago Waste Using Aspergillus Niger and Bacillus Sp. for the Production of Bio-Ethanol using Saccharomyces Cerevisiae. International Journal of ChemTech Research Vol.6, No.12, 2014, 5090-5095.
- Selvaraj, B. Bharathiraja, S. Palani and R. Praveenkumar, Enhanced Production of Bacteriocin from Probiotics Using Optimization Techniques by Response Surface Methodology,Acta Horticulture, 1054, ISHS 2014,261-269.
Research Projects Completed ::
- Water purification system for school children in Tiruvannamalai district 1.35 lacs from TNSCST Tamilnadu.
Memberships in Professional Bodies::
- Life Member IIChE LM 41591
- Life Member ISTE LM 57380
- Life Member BRSI LM 1441
- Life Member BIOGAS INDIA FORUM LM 0071(IITD).
- Life Member EFB